The Physical Therapy Team at Liberty Wellness & Chiro – Wall Street includes licensed professionals with extensive knowledge and training in anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body.
Our medical pain management specialist and physical therapists on staff will diagnose and recommend treatment for a wide variety of orthopedic conditions including sports injuries, rotator cuff tears, post-arthroscopic conditions, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, ACL and PCL ligamentous and meniscal injuries of the knee, cervical and lumbar radiculopathy (pain that travels to either the arms or legs), knee and hip replacement, sciatica and acute and chronic pain syndromes.
The first step in your recovery process is to consult with the pain management physician who will evaluate and diagnose your condition. An appropriate specific course of physical therapy will then be recommended. The therapist will individualize your treatment program that incorporates a hands-on approach in conjunction with specific modalities as needed.
Generally, we will begin therapy by warming up the injured tissues with adjunctive modalities before we stretch, mobilize and strengthen these compromised areas. Finally, to prevent or reduce swelling and edema, ice will be applied to the area. Some of the most commonly used modalities/therapeutic procedures are as follows:
- Adjunctive therapies for Pain Relief: Utilizes ultrasound, electric muscle stimulation, laser and moist heat.
- Manual Therapy: These hands-on procedures include myofascial release techniques of trigger points, therapeutic massage to break up scar tissue and adhesions, passive joint mobilization with elongation of restricted, contracted muscles, and strengthening of weakened muscles.
- Therapeutic Exercises: An individualized program of passive and active exercises for restricted muscles and structures to increase functional range of motion, strength and to restore normal pain-free range of motion. These corrective exercises improve proper movement and muscle balance to prevent recurring injuries.
- Neuromuscular Re-Education: Procedures implemented that improve balance, coordination, joint position sense and posture and facilitate the resetting of tightened muscles to a normal tone. Balance training on wobble boards improves the patients’ balance and coordination reducing the possibility of re-injury of these regions.
- Home Care Management: You will be instructed on how to properly perform exercises prior to being given a home program based on your phase of care.
Our Physical Therapists work in tandem with the other members of the Liberty Wellness & Chiro Healthcare Team to provide the most individualized and comprehensive treatment program for every patient. Our goal is to eliminate your pain and get you back in action as soon as possible.
As specialists in NYC physical therapy, we understand how hectic city life can be and how busy you are. We have two locations – uptown and downtown – for your convenience.